Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: HFC 27
- Drive Type: Direct
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 27hp
- Type: Inboard
- Year: 1994
170 Shipyard Drive
Hingham, Massachusetts, US, 02043
Quest was strip-plank constructed; She was built upside-down with stem, keel, stern and gunwale structures connected and 5 stations in between stem and stern. 1"X1" cedar strips were then nailed to each other and to the stations starting at the gunwales and continuing up to the keel. The bottom was then covered with fiberglass and cloth with extra layers at the keel. The boat was then turned upright. The stations were removed, and she was covered with glass and cloth on the inside. Most of the interior was constructed next. Then the cockpit, deck, and cabin top structures were added. The cockpit, deck and cabin-top were re-done with Dynel cloth and West Epoxy in 2003.
- The junk rig is known for it's efficiency, ease of handling and reefing. The saila rea is 529sf and there is no need for a headsail
- The battens are jointed to achieve a better foil shape in the mainsail
- The tapered aluminum mast is in made of 6061 aluminum alloy withh a wall thickness of 1/4" and a height from the deck of 38'8" and from the water line, 42'11'.
- Large double V-berth with storage above to starboard plus between anchor locker and V-berth, and under V-berth. There are two lights in the V-berth
- Next aft is head with is a holding tank with deck pump out and overboard discharge.
There is a medicine cabinet, 12v light and port light.There is a hanging locker with storage base cabinet underneath
- Main cabin has port and starboard single berths with centerboard trunk between and a separate folding table for each berth.There is solid fuel cabin heater mounted on the main bulkhead
- Aft of the starboard berth is a Force 10, two burner propane stove, surrounded by black marble and black marble countertop.
- Amidships, between the stove and the sink is a large removable counter-space with the battery compartment to starboard and a large icebox on the port side.
- 12 volt electrical panel aft of the marble counter amidships with 2X 105 Amp Hour AGM batteries
- 12 interior lighting and running lights
- Aft of the counter on the aft bulkhead is the electrical panel with XANTREX battery monitor.
- Above the counter is stereo, VHF radio and lighting for the galley area.
- Aft and below the counter is the Yanmar HFC 27 HP 3 cylinder diesel engine refurbished in 2005 with new fly-wheel, raw water pump, drive shaft, flexible shaft coupling, all new hoses and belts, and new paint job. spare engine parts include; raw water pump, set of hoses and a set of belts, raw h2o filter gaskets, drip-less packing for the stuffing box ect. ect. . To starboard of the engine is a new 20Gal water tank
- On the port side of the engine is the fuel tank, fuel filter and storage for spare engine parts
- Large cockpit with tiller steering, coaming compartments and port and starboard storage lockers
- Under port cockpit seat is storage for cockpit cushions, collapsible oars, etc.
- Under starboard side seat locker is is storage for propane, extra diesel fuel, stainless steel grill (included)
- Bulkhead mounted compass
- In the large aft lazarette is storage with a stern anchor well and a stern anchor roller as well.
- Easy-matic four part sheet and traveler are aft of the lazarette and hand to the helmsman
- Cap-Horn servo-pendulum self steering gear mounted on the stern to port of the stern mounted rudder.
- . Deck hard-ware includes 3- 6" cleats on the starboard and port sides; forward, amidships, and aft, 2 anchor rollers as mentioned; one on the bow and one at the stern. Control lines for the sail and center-board and 2 winches are located on the cabin-top and are operable from the cockpit. . Spare parts for the rig are included.
- "Quest" has been newly painted, this year, and looks great
- The cosmetics on this boat are neat, tidy and look well maintained.
- The viewable structural aspects of this boat look to be well done and well maintained,
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Shep's cell # 781.254.2385